The Chamber is proud to recognize the accomplishments, successes and contributions of our small businesses throughout the year with our Small Business Awards. These businesses make a huge impact on our local economy and play a crucial role in bringing more diversity and character into our growing community. Small businesses fuel the American dream, allowing people the opportunity to achieve financial independence, create employment opportunities and encourage innovation. They are truly invested in our community.
Nearly 90% of Chamber members are small businesses and are truly deserving of these prestigious awards. In Alabama, small businesses make up 99.4% of all business in our state, hiring nearly 50% of all employees in our state.These local businesses are owned by people who live in your town, worship beside you, donate to local nonprofits and coach your kids’ Little League teams. When you spend money with them, you are supporting your neighbors and community. They deserve recognition and thanks.
The Prattville Area Chamber of Commerce’s Small Business of the Year Award is designed to recognize small and growing businesses located in Prattville and/or Autauga County for their outstanding achievements and the important role that small businesses play in our community. To be considered for the 2021 Small Business of the Year Award nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Must be located in Prattville and/or Autauga County
- Must be a member of good standing with the Prattville Area Chamber of Commerce both at the time of the nomination and the event
- Must have 100 or less employees
- Must have been in business for a minimum of one (1) year
- Must be a profitable entity, not a non-profit.
- Demonstrates a commitment to social responsibility and community involvement (volunteering, fundraising, internships, mentoring or financial contributions)
The winner will be chosen by a panel of their peers, based on their demonstrated commitment to the advancement of business in Prattville & Autauga County.
Nominations will be received until midnight on Monday, August 2, 2021.