It’s always the small pieces that make the big picture! With more than 388,850 small businesses in operation in Alabama making up 99.4% of all business in our state and hiring nearly 50% of all employees in Alabama, “small businesses” exceed their name and leave a lasting impact on our community! Small businesses are owned by people who live in your town, worship beside you, donate to local nonprofits and coach your kids’ Little League teams. When you spend money with them, you are supporting your neighbors and community.The Prattville Area Chamber of Commerce’s Small Business of the Year Award is designed to recognize small and growing businesses located in Prattville and/or Autauga County for their outstanding achievements and the important role that small businesses play in our community.
To be considered for the 2018 Small Business of the Year Award nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Must be located in Prattville and/or Autauga County
- Must be a member of good standing with the Prattville Area Chamber of Commerce both at the time of the nomination and the event
- Must have 100 or less employees
- Must have been in business for a minimum of one (1) year
- Must be a profitable entity, not a non-profit.
- Demonstrates a commitment to social responsibility and community involvement (volunteering, fundraising, internships, mentoring or financial contributions)
The winner will be chosen by a panel of their peers, based on their demonstrated commitment to the advancement of the business in Prattville & Autauga County.
*Nominations Must Be Submitted by Close of Business, Tuesday, September 4, 2018